Our life is spent looking to the future. What adventures will we find there?





Wednesday 29 February 2012

This is my first blog since I have been in Sth America. Buenos Aires is a wonderful, crazy, magic, surprising, weird city. It has huge apartment buildings. Today, we saw a house on top of one. Yes, a house. It was at least twenty stories up on the roof. The reason why? Because a rich business owner in the past wanted to have his siesta close by to where he worked. 'So hey, lets put it up here' he said. And they did.

It is very different to Melbourne. For instance, people don't use bins, they just throw their rubbish on the ground. This is because the bins are already overflowing with rubbish. I saw a rat last night, and it was the biggest rat I've seen.

The free city tours have been great, learning the history of some of Argentina's most powerful people. I can't remember the names as there are so many. Argentinian's are very patriotic people. On every building there is a flag and in every shop there are flags. On cars there are flags. some checkout attendants even have flags on their uniforms. It is a lot different from what I'm used to.

It is that difference that I am enjoying the most. Being able to see something that I'm not used to is, honestly, a little nerve racking, but it is exciting and an adventure at the same time. The food, culture, language, they are all new to me and I'm loving it. I had a 'Super Pancho' today. It's a hotdog with mayonaise, salad and then....chips. Potato chips on top as a garnish. I don't know who invented it, but they certainly weren't thinking of cardio-vascular disease at the time!!!!
How do they taste? Great!!!!!

I will go now, and try to upload some photos of today's tour, and try to remember their names.

Bye for now, James.

No comments:

Post a Comment