Our life is spent looking to the future. What adventures will we find there?





Monday 13 February 2012

Fortnight!

2 Weeks. That's all that's left before me and my wonderful wife go flying over the great blue yonder. I'm so nervous but also filled with a great excitement that I can't explain. It's like waiting for Christmas day when your a little kid. You know your getting something, but you have no idea what it's going to be. I had my last day with the 'boys' at work. My fantastic colleagues arranged for a card to be signed by all of them. I really appreciate the time I have had with all of them, because everyone has given me at least one life lesson. There is just so much you can learn from your elders. You just have to listen.

I have only three more days left to work. Then I will be off paid employment for probably a full year. This I look forward too, but I am also very weary of this, as it is a comfort to be able to go and see familiar faces that you know and trust. When I go away all of this will be turned upside down.

But I take this as a challenge. I know that I'll adjust pretty ok to a back packers, couch surfers and or hippy lifestyle. Hey, maybe I'll get dreadlocks too!...................Well, only if Brenna allows it.

Bye for now, James.

No comments:

Post a Comment