Our life is spent looking to the future. What adventures will we find there?





Monday 13 February 2012

The Last Days

This time in 2 weeks we will be preparing to land in Buenos Aries, a whole world away. I would like to say all that I am feeling is excitement, but there is a lot more than that. This intense excitement isn't new, but the huge anxiety that goes with it is... The thoughts that are coming with each everyday, mundane task that I carry out put a little knot of worry somewhere in my chest, 'this may be the last time in a year that I fill a car with petrol'... 'it'll be a long time before I mow another lawn'... all make me a little more nervous than before, a little more out of my comfort zone, in over my head, but I suppose that is partly the purpose of this trip. To feel things and face challenges that I have never even comprehended before, to make my world view a little bit broader, slightly more valid.

The thought of the actual leaving fills me with jitters. Thinking of giving my parents a hug goodbye brings me to tears, while imagining handing over my boarding pass and walking onto the airplane makes my head spin with excitement.

There are so many things I will miss, things I will indulge in before we depart, things that I usually take for granted... buttery Vegemite toast, warbling magpies, mums cooking, walks in the hills, Cadbury chocolate, spotting possums at night, knowing that I'm safe.

As always, all of these feelings, even the nerves, make me look forward even more to the next little chapter in our story.

-Brenna

No comments:

Post a Comment