Our life is spent looking to the future. What adventures will we find there?





Friday 9 March 2012

Hola, or is it Adios?

This will be our last sleep in BA for a while. I will miss this city, as it is very interesting. Our spanish is getting better everyday and we can now order properly and ask for directions, but we will still get some more classes when we can. The best part will be talking to other people. We will learn more that way.

Tomorrow we are going to Villa San Luis, which is located about 30 Km's south of BA. There we will be helping to make mud brick houses and working with an organisation that provides welfare and assistance to a community in need of essentials, like building products and some spare hands to build. They also have some goats, which I am looking forward to help look after!

Today we ate lunch at the Obelisk. It is in the very centre of BA. We ordered lunch from a take away that charges on the weight that you buy. As we sat in the shade of the obelisk Brenna pointed out some homeless street kids, playing by themselves. I looked and felt very guilty, that I had food and that they didn't. Their father was happily watching on. I got to the point that I couldn't eat any more, I felt too bad. Brenna looked at me and she came up with the same thought as I did. We walked over to the children and gave the three of them our food. We also took out two bananas we had and gave them to them too. The children said thank you, but to be honest it didn't mean anything to me. The thought that I had possibly fed them once today was much greater. As we walked past their dad he gave us a nod, and I gave him one back, knowing what he meant to say.

I felt like crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment